Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 141 to 150 of Perils for Pedestrians
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
Episode 150: Redding, California
- We visit Redding, California, where Santiago Calatrava designed the Sundial Bridge.
- Upriver, trails are connected by the Ribbon Bridge.
- The Shasta County Public Health Department promotes walking.
- Caltrans District 2 promotes bicycling.
- We talk with the executive director of American Trails.
Episode 149: Fort Bragg, California
- We visit Fort Bragg, California, where trails and parks follow the coast.
- The Community Development Advisory Board guides downtown streetscape improvements.
- An old lumber mill site provides an incredible redevelopment opportunity.
Episode 148: Portland, Oregon
- A judge discusses the Share The Road Safety Class in Portland, Oregon.
- We learn about the Willamette Pedestrian Coalition.
- We look at a festival street in Portland's Chinatown.
Episode 147: Portland, Oregon
- Portland, Oregon, has on-street bicycle parking corrals.
- The Smart Trips program uses individualized marketing to promote transportation alternatives.
- The Women On Bikes program encourages women to cycle more.
- Portland State University hosts the Initiative for Bicycle and Pedestrian Innovation.
- We look at Portland's Safer Routes To School Program.
Episode 146: Portland, Oregon
- We travel to Portland, Oregon, for Sunday Parkways.
- We take an extended look at Portland's Community and School Traffic Safety Partnership.
Episode 145: Portland, Oregon
- We visit a parking lot depaving project in Portland, Oregon.
- We drop in on the international Towards Carfree Cities conference.
- The Bicycle Transportation Alliance is developing Bicycle Boulevards.
- We meet a custom bicycle builder.
Episode 144: Maryland
- We talk with the Maryland Secretary of Transportation about access to bridges.
- We look at the trail system in Anne Arundel County.
- We meet the Maryland Director of Bicycle and Pedestrian Access.
- We learn about The Purple Line in suburban Maryland.
- We meet a pair of advocates in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- We learn about the Association For Safe International Road Travel.
- We look at a trail system in Mayville, New York.
- We talk with Barry Wellar about his transportation research..
- We talk with an advocate in Toronto.
- The eighth Walk21 pedestrian conference is held in Toronto.
- A tunnel system supplements the Toronto sidewalk system.
- We go along on a world record walk attempt.
- "The Manual For Streets" gives guidance on the process of street design.
- We talk with an advocate in Pittsburgh.
- We look at pedestrian prohibitions in Pennsylvania.
Episode 141: Toronto, Ontario
- We travel to Kensington Market in Toronto.
- Once a month, the streets are closed to cars for Pedestrian Sundays.
- We take a look at the Community Vehicular Reclamation Project.
- We learn about Streets Are For People.