Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 151 to 160 of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
- We visit the Memphis Center for Independent Living.
- We meet the chair of the Kentucky Bicycle and Bikeway Commission.
- We look at the Purple People Bridge in Cincinnati.
- We learn about pedestrian issues in Cincinnati.
Episode 159: Nashville, Tennessee
- We meet the executive director of Walk-Bike Nashville.
- We learn about Team Green.
- We have an in depth discussion with Nashville's bicycle and pedestrian coordinator.
Episode 158: Paris, France
- We talk with two cyclists about bicycling in Paris.
- We visit the Paris bicycle advocacy organization, MDB ("Mieux se Déplacer à Bicyclette" -- "Better to Move By Bicycle").
Episode 157: Paris, France
- We travel to Paris to talk with an advocate about The Rights Of Pedestrians (Les Droits du Piéton).
- We look at the Velib public bicycle system in Paris.
Episode 156: Barcelona, Spain
- We travel to Barcelona, where we learn about Project for Public Spaces.
- We meet the president of the International Federation of Pedestrians.
- We drop in on a Walk21 Pre-Conference workshop on measuring walking.
- We talk with manufacturers of automated pedestrian counters.
- We visit a bike station in Seattle.
- We talk with the advocacy director of the Cascade Bicycle Club.
- We drop in on the ProWalk/ProBike conference in Seattle.
- We learn about sustainable transportation in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Episode 154: Washington
- We travel to Seattle to learn about Walk Score.
- We talk with an advocate about traffic safety.
- We look at a sidewalk initiative in Olympia.
- We learn about the Confluence Project in Vancouver, Washington.
- We visit the Vancouver Land Bridge.
- We talk with a group of walkers at the bridge.
- We look at a market street in Vancouver.
- We learn about the Arcata, California, Transportation Safety Committee.
Episode 152: California
- We learn about a community action agency in Eureka, California.
- We talk with the bicycle coordinator for CalTrans District 1.
- We look at a well-trimmed hedge.
- We meet the Sidewalk Bushwackers.
- We visit a rural road that is scary for pedestrians.
Episode 151: Oregon
- We talk with a mother about the death of her son in Eugene, Oregon.
- We talk with a city planner about the road diet that will improve safety.
- A police officer tells us about pedestrian enforcement in Grants Pass, Oregon.
- We learn what Corvalis, Oregon, is doing for pedestrians and bicyclists.