Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 191 to 200 of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
Also check out our Pedestrian Video Specials.
Episode 200 Special
- We talk with Apollo 12 astronaut Alan Bean about walking on the moon.
- We talk with Space Shuttle astronaut Rick Mastracchio about walking in space.
- We look back at some of our favorite interviews in our first 199 episodes.
- We learn about the Designing Walkable Urban Thoroughfares manual.
- We learn about the State Smart Transportation Initiative.
- We meet the author of Steps To a Walkable Community.
- We attend Walk To School Day at Drew Elementary School.
- Wellness Walkways in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Pedestrian pet peeves.
- Walking and Romance.
- Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson at Walk21.
Episode 197: Vancouver, BC
- We talk with the director of the Urban Studies Program at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver.
- We meet a resident of North Vancouver who donated a sidewalk.
- We talk with an urban planner about transportation choices in Vancouver.
Episode 196: Vancouver, BC
- We visit Vancouver, British Columbia, where we learn about Green Communities Canada.
- We talk with the executive director of Better Environmentally Sound Transportation.
- We talk with an advocate at Burrard Street Bridge about the lack of respect for pedestrians.
- We look at traffic conditions in a St. Louis neighborhood.
- We learn about the Great Rivers Greenway District in St. Louis.
- The Grace Hill Settlement House seeks to reconnect North St. Louis to the Mississippi Riverfront.
- We meet an Americorp Trail Ranger on the Riverfront Trail.
- We meet a local fisherman along the trail.
- We travel to Vancouver to look at shrubbery blocking sidewalks.
- We look at a new pedestrian and bicycle path across the Missouri River in Kansas City, Missouri.
- We visit Jefferson City, Missouri, where a ped-bike path was added to another Missouri River bridge.
- A blind pedestrian talks about accessible pedestrian signals in Kansas City.
- We drop in on Bike To Work Day in Bethesda, Maryland.
- We visit St. Louis to learn about the Pedestrian and Bicycle Council of the Institute of Transportation Engineers.
- We head north to Minneapolis for the Safe Routes To School National Conference.
- -We look at the need for sidewalks in Edina, Minnesota.
- We drop in on the Corporate Cycling Challenge bike ride in Omaha, Nebraska.
- We talk with the BMW Vice President of Vehicle Safety about innovations to keep pedestrians safe.
- We look at public health partnerships and walking in Worcester, Massachusetts.
- We visit Fairfield, Connecticut, where a public workshop brings in ideas to make the city more walkable and bikeable.