Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 21 to 30 of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
- Steve Blair at the Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research discusses walking and health.
- Pedestrian initiatives in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Developing The Pedestrian Thoroughfare Plan in Asheville, North Carolina.
- The Urban Trail in downtown Asheville, North Carolina.
- The Second Annual Partners for Smart Growth Conference in Austin, Texas.
- Baypeds - advocacy in the San Francisco Bay area.
- The Senior Action Network in San Francisco.
- Los Angeles Walks - a new advocacy group.
- Pedestrian advocacy in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Missing sidewalks in Washington, DC.
- The Human Powered Transportation Committee of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- The Oakland, California Pedestrian Safety Project.
- The Fruitvale Community Collaborative and pedestrian problems in the inner city.
- Pedestrian problems in the suburbs.
- Pedestrians Educating Drivers on Safety - PEDS - in Atlanta, Georgia
- A mother in Montecito, California discusses walkability in the suburbs.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on physical activity, health, and the pedestrian environment.
- The CDC sponsors the Panel on Preventing Pedestrian Injuries in Atlanta, Georgia.
- The Portland, Oregon, Pedestrian Master Plan.
- The Institute of Transportation Engineers' annual meeting in Toronto.
- Photo radar in San Jose, California.
- The odd placement of push buttons for pedestrian signals.
- The ped-shed -- street patterns and catchment areas for pedestrians.
- Advocates and planners in Portland, Oregon.
- How to measure Pedestrian Level of Service.
- Groundbreaking for the Metropolitan Branch Trail in Washington, DC.
- Opening of the Glenmont, Maryland, Metrorail station.
- Pedestrian Crossovers in Toronto.
- The longest rails to trails conversion - the Cowboy Trail in Nebraska.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers conference on Transportation, LandUse, and Air Quality - Making the Connection.
- Keith Bartholomew and 1,000 Friends of Oregon.
- A plan to improve Woodmont Avenue in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Resolving the conflict between traffic calming and emergency response in Portland, Oregon.
- The strange placement of historical markers.
- The largest volksmarch walk in the United States, at the Crazy Horse Monument in South Dakota.
- How Corning, Iowa won a Main Street Award from the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- The 25th anniversary of the Portland, Oregon, Downtown Plan.
- The 23rd annual meeting of Neighborhoods USA.
- The Chain of Rocks Bridge -- the longest pedestrian bridge in the USA. St. Louis, Missouri.
- Some things that make a street friendly to pedestrians.
- Wendy Bumgardner, the Web Czarina of Walking.
- The sixth Congress For The New Urbanism.
- A pedestrian study of Colorado Boulevard.
- Narrow streets have fewer accidents.
- Pedestrian problems in Tysons Corner, Virginia.
- Reducing parking demand at Stanford University.
- Talking signs aid blind pedestrians.
- A dozen reasons to separate the sidewalk from the curb with a planting strip.
- The author of Personal Finance for Dummies on the cost of car ownership.
- The Institute of Transportation Engineers meeting on Harmonizing Transportation and Community Goals.
- Pacific Grove, California, takes a renewed interest in pedestrians.