Perils for Pedestrians
TV talk about people who walk
Episodes 231 to 240 of Perils for Pedestrians
All episodes are 28 minutes long. A new episode is released
Click on any photo for a larger image, a description, and the video.
Also check out our Pedestrian Video Specials.
Episode 240: 20th Anniversary
- For our 20th anniversary episode, we take a look back with two long-time pedestrian leaders:
- Dan Burden, and
- Peter Lagerwey.
Episode 239: Placemaking
- We visit Vancouver, British Columbia, for Placemaking Week.
- We learn about the transportation initiative of the Project for Public Spaces.
- The Vancouver Public Space Network champions public spaces in their city.
- We drop in on a Canadian placemaking workshop.
- Students look at their walk to school at Lanier Middle School in Fairfax City, VA.
- Residents of Senior Housing hold a protest march for sidewalks and crosswalks in Silver Spring, MD.
- Traffic safety in Seoul, South Korea.
- We visit Columbus, Ohio, for the Safe Routes To School National Conference.
- We learn about the Columbus Area Pedestrian Safety Committee.
- We talk with a city council member in Morgantown, West Virginia, about walkability.
- We visit the Northern West Virginia Center for Independent Living.
Episode 236: Morgantown, West Virginia
- We visit Morgantown, West Virginia.
- Students learn about governance at West Virginia University.
- We learn about the Pedestrian Safety Committee.
- We meet the director of the Mon River Trails Conservancy.
Episode 235: Maryland
- We talk with the police chief about Vision Zero in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- We attend the Maryland Bike Symposium.
- We look at an idea for Speed Camera Lotto.
- We drop in on the Vision Zero announcement.
- The Maryland Secretary of Transportation addresses the Bike Symposium.
Episode 234: Snow
- We look at the impact of a major snow storm on pedestrians.
- We talk with a resident of Bethesda about snow blocking the sidewalk.
- A wheelchair user discusses the snow.
- Snow plows use sidewalks for snow storage.
- An elderly pedestrian gives her experience with the snow.
- We look at autonomous vehicles and pedestrians.
- We visit Smart Growth America to learn about their new report, "Rebuilding Downtown".
- We attend an obesity summit in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- We learn about the Eat Well, Be Active partnership.
- We drop in on the White House Conference on Aging.
- All Walks DC, a local pedestrian advocacy organization.
- A close call with a distracted driver in Washington, DC.
- A Day of Action For Safety demonstration in Montgomery County, MD.
- A poorly placed pedestrian button on the way to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.
- Wheelmap, a crowdsourced app for wheelchair accessibility.
- Is it safer to walk with traffic, or against traffic?